To process your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you have authorized Shopify to send to me), and in particular your name, email, postal address, as well as the description of the product you are ordering. You can also decide to provide me with certain additional personal information (for an order of personalized jewelry, for example), by contacting me directly.
Why I need your information and how I use it
I rely on a number of legal bases to facilitate, use and share your information, including:
- to provide you with my services, for example when I use your information to process your order, resolve a dispute or provide customer service;
- where you have given me your express consent;
- if necessary, to meet a legal obligation, a legal judgment or in connection with a request for justice such as the fact of keeping information concerning your purchases within the framework of tax legislation; and
- as necessary, to serve my legitimate interests, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you have requested from me and in my legitimate interest to improve these services; and 2) compliance with the Seller Rules and Terms of Service. I use your information, as necessary, to comply with my obligations under the Seller Policies and the Shopify Terms of Service.
Information sharing and dissemination
Information about my customers is important to my business. I only share your personal information for a very limited number of reasons, as well as in a limited number of circumstances such as:
- Shopify. I share your information with Shopify when necessary to provide my services to you and to comply with my obligations under the Seller Policy and the Shopify Terms of Service.
- Service providers (carriers). I may have to share your personal information with these third parties, but only that which is essential to the performance of these services.
- social networks. If you arrived on my site through a social network (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest...) these platforms collect cookies, if you have accepted them. For information on the data collected, please refer to the privacy policies of these platforms, which are not managed by my site.
- Compliance with the law. I may need to collect, use, retain and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is necessary and reasonable to: (a) respond to a legal process or state request; (b) enforce my agreements, terms or policies; (c) prevent, investigate or manage any fraud or other illegal activity, or any technical or security issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers or others.
If you are a resident of certain territories, including the European Union, you have certain rights relating to your personal information. Some of these rights apply generally, and others only in limited cases. These rights are described below:
- To access. You may have the right to access the personal information that I hold about you and to receive a copy of it by contacting me. You will find my contact details below.
- Modify, restrict, delete. You may also have the right to modify your personal information, restrict my use of it or delete it. Except in exceptional circumstances (for example, if I had to retain data related to my store for legal reasons), I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- To oppose. You can object to 1) my processing some of your information in the context of my legitimate interests and 2) the receipt of marketing messages from me after having explicitly consented to receive them. In these specific cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have legitimate grounds for continuing to use it, or in cases where it is necessary for legal reasons.
- To complain. If you are located in the European Union and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you can do so with your local data protection authorities.
Under European data protection law, I am the data controller with respect to your personal information. For any questions or concerns, you can contact me by email.